Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Movie Review: What About Bob?

What About Bob? by Buena Vista Home Entertainment

Recommended For: Ages 10 to Adult

Rated: PG for mild language

Determined to receive treatment, a neurotic New Yorker struggling with a host of phobias follows his psychiatrist on vacation in this quirky comedy.

This movie was funny. I enjoyed it very much. It had me in stitches almost the whole time.

Technical: 5/5
The technical aspects of this movie were good.  Acting, special effects, writing, all well-done, although I'm not really a good judge on that sort of stuff. I really don't notice bad acting and such that much.

Setting: 5/5

To be honest, there wasn't much to the setting. What there was of it, however, was well-done. Set in New York City and at a vacation spot in New Hampshire, this movie is very real-world. I would have liked to see more of the town near where they were staying, but even so, I have to give the setting 5 out of 5.

Plot: 5/5
The plot is very interesting. There isn't much to it, as is typical with comedies, but it was enjoyable just the same. The climax was especially interesting, although I won't spoil it for anyone.

Characters: 5/5
The characters excelled. Bob was quirky and funny, the psychiatrist interesting, and the others well-rounded. The characters are very rich, and will connect with the viewers. I especially enjoyed how as Bob became less crazy and fulfilled his character arc, his psychiatrist became crazy as he just couldn't stand Bob anymore!

I loved this movie. Although containing mild language, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a funny movie for movie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think! We love to hear what others think of these books and movies. We just ask that you would please keep your comments clean. We are a kid-friendly site.