Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Favorites: The Silver Chair

The Silver Chair

 
Rating: PG

Recommended for: All Ages

Jill and Eustace must rescue the Prince from the evil Witch.

NARNIA...where owls are wise, where some of the giants like to snack on humans, where a prince is put under an evil spell...and where the adventure begins.

Eustace and Jill escape from the bullies at school through a strange door in the wall, which, for once, is unlocked. It leads to the open moor...or does it? Once again Aslan has a task for the children, and Narnia needs them. Through dangers untold and caverns deep and dark, they pursue the quest that brings them face and face with the evil Witch. She must be defeated if Prince Rillian is to be saved.

Out of all of the old Narnia movies, this one is my favorite. The technology is not the greatest and some of the animals are abnormally large but it is still a great movie. There are some parts that are cut from the book but other than those couple parts, it is a faithful adaptation. I'm pretty sure that at one time this was my favorite movie and we watched it several times. I loved Jill, Eustace, and Puddleglum and I loved the parts with the giants. The man on the cover was always creepy no matter how many times I watched it. I have even seen this movie in German, and it was funny when they talked about falling in the E in "mir" (which is German for me). There are many parts that I loved and thought were funny. I was first introduced to Narnia with the movies so I am more likely to like them when they are not like the books. I hope that they do make a new version of The Silver Chair but even if they do, I will still like the old version, which I have probably seen too many times. One thing that makes it my favorite is that the characters go on a quest, which is also one of the reasons that  The Fellowship of the Ring is my favorite of  The Lord of the Rings.

I would recommend this movie, especially if you're a Narnia fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think! We love to hear what others think of these books and movies. We just ask that you would please keep your comments clean. We are a kid-friendly site.